VACANCY! VACANCY! VACANCY!
31/3/2018; Due Date: 17/04/2018, 12:00PM
SILDEP is a registered, reputable and fast growing Local Non- Governmental Organization which provides community development and other social services in the region. SILDEP is looking for well-motivated and qualified candidates for the following positions:
Advocacy and Gender /Lobby OfficerJob Description
- Implementing all gender programs, particularly GAA
- Monitoring and Supervision of all gender based policies
- Write monthly and quarterly reports for management and donors
- Prepare annual reports and plans for projects
- Train staff and stakeholders on projects and programs
- Co-ordinate all Gender program activities
- Represent SILDEP in the target communities and districts
- Advise management on Gender program activities
- Ensure that the policies and structures of SILDEP are operationalized
- Visit districts, stalkholders and beneficiaries appropriately
- Organize meetings for staff, committees and communities
- Any other duty that may be assign from time to time
- HND or a degree from a recognized institution
- 3 years working experience in development work
- A valid driving license
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Well –known and respected
- Preferably speaking both Sisaali and Dagaare
- Mobilization and awareness raising with local leadership
- Mobilization of community groups
- Preparation of progress reports/ monthly reports
- Preparation of periodic operational plans
- Monitoring of field activities
- Build partnership with communities and development partners
- Visit each community/group at least once a week
- Hold at least one community meeting in a month
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Maximum of HND , DBS and more from any recognize institution
- Reputation for integrity
- Respected by local people
- Good community organizational skills
- At least 2 years working experience
- Preferably speaking both Sisaali and Dagaare
- A valid driving license
- log official trips, daily mileage
- drive vehicle for official travel and business as required
- maintain high standard of service to both internal and external people
- ensure punctuality and safe transport
- understanding of transportation laws of Ghana and other countries as required
- delivering goods, purchasing, and correspondence
- ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good condition always
- ensure vehicle is kept secure all the time
- good traffic judgement
- excellent driving skills
- any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Senior High School leaver or better
- Driving license level D
- Knowledge in vehicle maintenance will be an added advantage
- 3-5years driving experience
Applications together with CVs should reach the organization through the email address below
27 Novermber, 2016; Due Date: 13 December, 2016
Plan International Ghana, an international Child-Centered Community Development organization, is looking for dynamic and results-oriented persons to fill the positions outlined below.
Summary Description of the Girls Advocacy Alliance Project
The 5-year Girls Advocacy Alliance (GAA) Project seeks to create a world wherein all girls and young women enjoy equal rights and opportunities by addressing discrimination against girls and young women as the smartest investment for achieving structural poverty reduction and inclusive development. The long-term outcome is: Effective legislation, law enforcement and policy implementation by the state and the private sector to prevent and eliminate gender based violence and economic exclusion of girls and young women ultimately leading to girls and young women being free from all forms of gender based vio¬lence and are economically empowered in Ghana.
The specific focus of the five-year project is on gender based violence (GBV) and Economic Exclusion (EE) of girls and young women (GYW) with particular actions on harmful practices such as child abuse and child trafficking and (sexual) exploitation (including the worst forms of child labour), and exclusion from education and decent work. The thematic focus also complies with the proposed Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), in particular with the targets of SDG 5, SDG 8 and SDG 16. The project will be implemented in selected Geo-political Regions of Ghana including the Northern, Upper West and Eastern regions of Ghana.
Position: DISTRICT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Job Purpose:- To lead and provide technical expertise in the implementation of the Girls Advocacy Alliance Project in selected districts of Northern Region of Ghana.
Dimensions of Role:
Plan International Ghana has grant funding to implement a GAA project for addressing discrimination against girls and young women as the smartest investment for achieving structural poverty project reduction and inclusive development
Area of Responsibility: – Regional and project Districts level within the Northern Region.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success Planning:
Implements the lobby and advocacy actions identified in the annual plan, particularly those directed at regional and district stakeholders. These entail:-
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them:
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
This position entails 40% travelling to the field to support communities, staff and partners within the project districts.
Level of Contact with Children: Mid contact: the job responsibilities of this position requires occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must attach following documents to their applications and submit to the email address provided below, not later than 13th December, 2016.
Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of job responsibilities; also provide Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related) in the CV;
Cover letter (stating the position applied for);
Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualification, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equality and our recruitment procedure reflects this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization.
Due date; 20th March, 2016.
The management of SILDEP/TEERE wishes to recruit FIELD OFFICERS for VOTER EDUCATION FOR ELECTION 2016 PROJECT. Interested staff and former staff of SILDEP/TEERE are particularly encouraged to apply. The publication is however opened to the general public.
Interested persons shoud submit their CV s to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th March, 2016.
Job Locations: Wa East and Lambussie-Karne District in the Upper West Region and Bolga Municipal and Bongo District in the Upper East Region.
Period: APPRIL TO DECEMBER 2016(9 MONTHS)
By the kind sponsorship of STAR Ghana.
Moses Dramani Luri
Prof. Ephraim Avea Nsoh